As a fully inclusive school, Wyndham Spencer Academy is committed to identifying and providing for the needs of all children. Every teacher is a teacher of every child or young person including those with SEND; and all staff are trained in and adhere to our model of good practice.
Children are recognised as individuals, with abilities and development needs which will vary across the curriculum. Class teachers and support staff are able to identify individual development requirements, and to provide lessons and activities which ensure good progress for pupils at all levels of ability.
Where children’s needs require support beyond the level that can be appropriately be provided by the class teacher, the school plays a co-ordinating role which may include working with the local authority to source additional specialist support.
As part of changes implemented by the Department for Education in 2014, all local authorities must publish information about how they support SEND pupils. This is called the ‘Local Offer.’
SEND at Wyndham Spencer Academy
Wyndham Spencer Academy is a fully inclusive school. We pride ourselves on the delivery of quality first teaching to all pupils irrespective of age, gender, race, sexuality or ability. We value the different contributions and values that every child brings to school and in particular aim to:
- Place children at the centre of everything we do
- Creative a positive, exciting environment to allow all children to develop
- Ensure every child has the potential to succeed and make progress from their individual start points
- Promote the all-round development of the child so that they are ready to grow up in the demands of modern society
- Tailor support and intervention to every child
- Develop strong relationships with parents/carers as we value the importance of the links with home
- Ensure every child has the opportunity to fulfil their personal GREATness