Welcome to Wonderland
Our intent for the EYFS
Every child within our Wyndham Wonderland is unapologetically unique. We know that each deserves the best possible start in life which is why, in partnership with parents, we strive to provide our children with the support that enables them to make exceptional progress from their start points, building positive relationships and enabling environments in which every child feels safe, secure and treasured as an individual.
Throughout the EYFS, our children grow as explorers who exhibit the characteristics of effective learning through all seven areas of learning and development 1.
- We listen to the stories of GREAT explorers.
- We champion their causes… before adopting our own.
- We tap into our own inherent curiosity.
- We ask ourselves, ‘What question is inside you?’
- Then, we go out there and discover it for ourselves. (But we don’t forget to tell others all about it!)
These enduring characteristics lead to our children becoming lifelong learners who possess excellent executive function and self-regulation skills.